I am sure the beehive will buzzing after I make this post but I know marketing and this clothing line as it is, now does not stand a chance. It has nothing to do with the failure of House of Dereon. This is an entirely different concept. I watched the Ivy Park ad. I also saw the backlash from the Luluemon line which really is not that bad considering most of the people commenting had never heard of Luluemon until their tweet, which is awesome LOL. But as I watched the ad, I thought to myself whose idea was this? There are at least 5 things wrong with this entire concept.
- The Bodysuit. She wears this Bodysuit with Ivy Park across her stomach. Who wears that when they work out? Nobody…. All I see is a wedgie and no matter how cute something is I will not wear a wedgie while working out.
- The ad looks like a music video of her working out…kinda. It looks so staged that I already know I won’t buy it. When I see Kate Hudson’s commercials she is actually working out…go figure and telling me why she loves the line. It is about the clothes, not Kate Hudson. I see her commercials and I want that jumper and the sweater dress. She looks like she could go to target after working out. Throw on the sweater dress and BOOM. I cannot relate to anything on that Ivy Park ad….nothing. Not even the played out waistband with IVY Park plastered on it. Do people still do that?
- No woman who works out wears a huge name over her chest. We may wear cute sayings but that huge lettering is not what I want.
- One of the stores, it will be available in is Nordstroms. Who decided on this price point? Hell, I don’t shop at Nordstrom and how many of her fans do? Who did the marketing analysis on this product launch? Who is her market and did anybody research the people who purchased her last album?
- Does her core market even workout?? Don’t get me wrong, Beyonce’s demographic is all over the place and there are some awesome inspired dance routines all over the internet but I promise you most of the people who will buy this workout line will not be working out. As a person who has only been working out a few months, I can tell you the last thing on my mind is the name of what I have on. I want my butt crack not to show and I want a good workout bra. I could care less if it is a name brand.
What is your opinion? Does Beyonce have the Midas touch will this turn into gold or a lump of coal??